Saturday, December 3, 2016

List of Grievances for the Week

I'm behind a post, so you, lucky readers, get two posts this weekend. I know you're excited. Of course, today's post is just listing of what's annoying me right now. There's a lot, and I just need some blog therapy to get my mind settled. If you have no interest in reading about my trifling annoyances, go ahead and stop reading right now.
Image result for goat 
Curly-haired goat thinks you should just turn back now if you don't want to listen to me vent about the small stuff.

Annoyance #1: doctors who disagree and can't offer a solution in the meantime
As my previous posting said, my primary doctor and my rheumatologist disagree on how to treat my migraine issue. The GP got the MRI results, but I hadn't heard back with a suggestion. I thought, well, if he thinks I am waiting until I see him later this month he is dead wrong because I've had a migraine all week! I'm sick of the pain, the wooziness, the visual interruptions, and the clouded thinking. I can't function like this! I honestly strongly considered just starting an extra 2.5mg of my Amlodipine like the rheumy wanted. Maybe start small like cut that tiny 2.5mg in half to start with, or maybe get myself some baby aspirin anyway even though I know it's not recommended by my blood doctor. I. Need. Relief. The nice nurse at my GP's office called to let me know he hadn't reviewed the report yet, but she'd make sure it was in front of him first thing Monday. *sigh Time to go refill my Maxalt since I ran through 4 of 6 this week alone. Who knows what the weekend holds.
Me trying to get their attention. Remember me? The one having issues?

Annoyance #2: Migraines
I'm so over them. They just keep getting more and more interesting and not in a good way. On Thanksgiving I had a full blown, classic aura with the small kaleidoscope prism that then expands outward like a spiral galaxy until it finally grows out of your vision field. It took about 20-30 minutes, but it cleared. It also scared me as my visual auras had only ever been spots, or blurs, or wavy lines, but this! This is new and something I had only read about, never experienced. It was both pretty, but scary. Like this:Image result for migraine aura Nice, right?
I've also had pain and balance issues most of the week. It's definitely interfering with my life at this point. I hate how you find something that helps only for it to evetually lose its effectiveness. It's an exercise in futility.
star trek borg seven of nine star trek voyager the borg
Just, give in. It's easier that way.

Annoyance #3: Medical bills that are incorrect
I've got two currently. One is from my dentist, who I adore. He's the only dentist I've ever known, but we got a bill for my husband that still lists $127 for a repair he got back in September. I paid this $127 better than two weeks ago. I checked and it cleared my account, too. I called and left a message for the office staff about it, and would they please look to see if the bill ran before the money was credited or if the money was credited to my account, not my husband's. I like all the staff there an awful lot, so I don't want to get pissy, but I know I paid that fucking bill, and if there's an error, it needs fixing soon.
Now's good.

The other one is for the MRI. I went ahead and paid for that puppy on the day of the scan because they offer a discount if you pay on day of service. I figured it wouldn't be an issue because I'd just submit the receipt to reimbursement through my flex plan. Except my flex plan doesn't want to reimburse me without an itemized bill or an explanation of benefits from my insurance company, which I received today. Interestingly enough, the EOB states that I only owe $140 for the MRI, IV meds, and doctor/nurse who looked out for me through the whole thing. Therefore, either the hospital is really bad at estimating cost, or my insurance company is feeling the Christmas spirit. Either way, they both owe me money--the hospital and the flex plan. I left a message for the the billing staff at the hospital. We'll see which they prefer: reimbursement check for $135 or sending me an itemized bill that shows $275 was the right amount for me to pay despite what the EOB from my insurance says. This is not the time of year to be making big $100 mistakes.
Image result for moose face
Moose gets it. Right, moose? You're shocked at the errors, too right?

Annoyance #4: Norovirus
Sunday night, I was just sitting down to have a delicious bowl of my husband's chili, when nausea washed over me. I ate a few bites and realized that I couldn't stomach more. I just got worse as the norovirus hit its stride: diarrhea, nausea, intermittent fever, and tossing and turning while trying to fall asleep only to be rushing to the bathroom at midnight to throw up. I didn't make it to school the next day. I ate nothing but chicken broth and rice for three days. It was awful on top of the migraines. I hope you never endure such an experience. I rather feel like maybe I'm getting reinfected. It happens. Fuck.
If you're gonna spew, spew the other way, ok?

Annoyance #5: Paying for express delivery and not getting it
I ordered Anne Rice's new Vampire Chronicles installment. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Then I pre-ordered it last weekend, and the website said that with express, it would arrive on Friday. I had a quiet, pajama weekend planned. I was going to drink copious amounts of Earl Grey tea, wrap in a blanket, stay in my pajamas, cuddle with my kitties, and devour her book. It's a book nerds wet dream event! My copy was last reports in Reno, NV. RENO! It should have been here yesterday. My bookish weekend of indulging in Rice's sensual imagery and vampire world has been called off. Delayed. Re-routed. Denied.
I want my extra postage fee back.

Annoyance #6: Everything Trump has done since being elected
I am aghast at what he's doing. He's acting like a tyrant in waiting. He's disregarding his obligations and diminishing the office of President of the United States. He's so busy on Twitter that he's not doing his actual job training. He's not getting daily briefings because it's a bigger job than he planned. He's nominating known bigots, billionaires who want nothing but to makes themselves richer, cronies who have no idea what the hell they're doing, but hey! They're going to do it anyway and fuck everything up in the process. I'm a teacher, a woman, a sexually fluid person, a Pagan-Humanist, a science believer, and a person with a chronic illness or 5. I'm scared of what he's going to do that will directly affect things like my health care, my vocation, my benefits, my rights, and my fellow humans. I'm terrified.
Just make him stop! 
Seems like a legit solution.
Annoyance #7: Winter
I know it happens every year, but we are due for our first big winter freeze. I hate bitterly cold temperatures. They hurt. I get cranky and sore and stiff. So does my husband who as RA and ankylosing spondylitis. It's going to be a cold, painful week. It also means scraping windshields every day and trying to avoid falling on ice. Oh, and avoiding the people who have either forgotten how to drive in winter or who have recently moved here and have to learn how to drive on ice. Goody. Don't even get me started on the dry eyes getting drier and the dry skin getting flakier. Dry. Dry. Dry. And icy. That's winter.
snow winter cold snowing
*shudders at the thought

Annoyance #8: Fake news
Seriously? What the fuck? People are doing this to make money and interfere with foreign governments. Remember how I said I was going to stay away from Dr. Google because of the information being somewhat difficult and scary--what's real, what's me, and what's not applicable? Well, apparently other people aren't very discerning consumers of media. I know I've been suckered in the past, but I have learned to question and fact check first before I get outraged. People actually would rather make money and cause mayhem, than make sure that the pubic gets what they need to make informed decisions. Living in this world in hard enough. Humans don't need help being paranoid or resistant to other viewpoints. Fake news and foreign interference have complicated things for our election, and now the world has to endure the fallout. Spotting tabloids online is harder apparently. Not impossible, but it is harder. If someone already believes it, it's easier to sucker them in. Consequently, we have Trump at the helm. Fucking confirmation bias and fake news. It's even led to a new law in Texas that requires aborted fetuses, no matter how developed, to be buried. What the hell people? Even adults aren't always buried. Many are just burnt to ashes and spend eternity in a can. Why should we bury a clump of cells? Because of a false news report that alleged Planned Parenthood was selling aborted babies. It has been disproven. They admitted that they fabricated the video. Yet, policy is being written based on false news.
Image result for animal laughing
And they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Annoyance #8: People disrespecting wildlife
It wasn't bad enough that people were doing stupid things like putting baby buffalo in their cars or getting too close to bears and buffalo in Yellowstone. I read about a guy who hauled a hammerhead out of the ocean and beat it repeatedly. He took selfies with it. Then he let it go only for it to turn up hours later dead. Fuck him. It's called cruelty to animals and it's no better than had he picked some random human to beat repeatedly and then photograph. Fuck. Him.
You've pissed off the hobbit for the last time!

Annoyance #9: People who harm children
It doesn't matter if it's widespread cover-up and systemic like the Catholic church scandal or if it's a single incident. Children are innocent and should be left alone you sick fuckheads! They should be able to trust adults especially those in their own family. I learned recently that the father of an old friend has been arrested for allegedly sexually abusing his grandsons. Makes me wonder if he did it to his own son, someone who grew up with my husband. Child abuse is a big problem in my state. It's rather sickening the number of cases that come up given our relatively low population. It's astonishing and saddens me greatly.
fuck you rupert grint fuck off
That's right, Ron. You tell them.

Annoyance #10: Sjogren syndrome
Usually, I'm fairly in favor of most things Swedish--the Swedish chef, Swedish fish, or Stieg Larsson novels. Not so this week. Maybe it's the norovirus, maybe it's the migraines, or maybe it's just the dryness of winter complicating things, but Sjogren is not my friend right now. My mouth and throat are so dry, that I can't get through reading aloud to my students without an abundance of water and Hall's Vitamin C drops. I cough at night, too while I'm sleeping. It's a dry, hacking cough. Not a cold or congested cough, just dryness. It's a constant, parched hack. We're hooking up the vaporizer tonight, so maybe that'll help. But I on top of everything else now I'm coughing a lot, my eyes are dry and gritty so I'm using drops more and thinking about ditching contacts for the foreseeable future, and my gums are bleeding again. Fuck you, Sjogren's.
fuck fuck you fuck off keep calm fuck this
Not you, reader. Sjogrens.

There you have it: my list of annoyances for the week. Sometimes writing it all down gets it out of your head so you can focus on other things. Sometimes, a rant will do you good. Sometimes, it helps you remember all the good things, too. Excuse me, but I need to go focus on some good things now like enjoy some cheese, cuddle a cat or three, and hug my husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment