Sunday, October 28, 2018

Samhain and Such

Sometimes the world turns and you are disoriented. You listen. You see. You read. It all seems surreal. It feels like madness at times such as these. Terror packages. Gun fire on the faithful. Turning away the tired,  the poor, and the huddled masses. It's the dark time of year. Days grow shorter, remembrances honor ancestors,  and home brings comfort.
PxHere
Image result for goat at night
That's right little goats. Staying close to home seems like a good idea.

I found joy in celebrating 20 years of marriage with my husband. I found happiness  in harvesting a great number of Brussels sprouts from our garden. I found peace in basking in the recent full moon. I found hope in replanting cuttings of a jade I rescued from a fungus. I found communion in a Polish feast prepared by my mother. I found pride in casting my ballot according to my conscience.  I found excitement in the possibility of recipes for the 16 pounds of Hubbard squash we pureed today.
The third and final harvest arrives this week. It's a time to remember and honor those who have died. It's a time to reap all that we have sown over the past months. It's a time to contemplate where and how we go into the future.
@vmos
beyonce merge the past and the future GIF by 2017 MTV Video Music Awards
One informs the other, right?

With all the turmoil, I wonder what others see in their futures. What paths will they tread? What will they sow? I don't know. For me though, this dark time of year feels like withdrawing. A closing of ranks to prepare my own defenses and ventures. Time to enjoy the bounty of our love, our garden, and our community.
wilfilwil.tumblr.com
doctor who joking about her daughter getting boned by her future son in law GIF
May they who need it see that beacon, River Song.

Blessed be, World. May Samhain guide you through the darkness.
Max Pixel
Image result for moose night
I'd advise sticking together, Moose. Guide each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment