Saturday, September 10, 2016

Day Dreaming

My husband and I are working on the exterior of our home. I wrote sometime ago about the yellow controversy. The Juicy Cantaloupe trim does indeed really make the happiness of the house come alive. Honestly, I feel an energy when I come home and see our joyous little abode. It just puts a smile on my face.
Image result for smiling moose
It's just so cheerful even Moose can't help but grin.

Today we chose an accent color. We joked about a shade of green so we could complete the Rainbow Sherbet effect. However, my husband also suggested a watermelon. I liked the red or the green options, but I thought a deeper shade of red would be better. Perhaps a cedar color. We went to the store. He held up the paint chips and brought home five options. We poured a delicious pint of Lip Ripper IPA and went to our porch to look at the choices. In the end, the brown shade was discarded easily. Ultimately, it was clear in the bright autumn afternoon sun: Fire Cracker. It's a delightful and deep red that will look fantastic on our eaves and doors. I can't wait. It's exactly what is missing.
moonlighting thats it cybill shepherd thats all maddie hayes
 Well, no. There's more to be done.

We also talked about shingles as the multiple hail storms meant new roof. New roof shall be Buckskin Tan. It's all coming together.
tv the simpsons cartoon mr burns excellent
'Nuff said.

You see, we bought this house 15 years ago with a lot of dreams of how we were going to remodel and revamp and make it ours. Then we got sidelined with autoimmune disorders. All of our maladies put us behind and honestly made dreaming about our house almost too much sadness for me to handle. One room took almost ten years to complete. I just could not imagine what more home improvements was going to take. I stopped thinking about the possibilities of our home. It was shelter. It was home. It was cozy and it was enough.
Goat was content.

Today though, my hubby and I let our hippie flags fly. We chose our colors. We talked about the vinyl fencing that we can now afford. We talked about a garage, a greenhouse, and raised bed gardens instead of lawn in the front yard. We bought a new weedwacker/edger. We shared a dream of our home together again for the first time in years.
hippie bohemian boho gypsy wild heart gypsy soul
And then we danced in our living room. It was bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment