Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Geek Time: The Goat Demands

I placed an order on Amazon.  It was for the video card and operating system.  My hubby's been buying bits of a computer rebuild over the last few months. Ever since I bought Diablo III and it didn't play nicely with our current computer, we've been planning for a rebuild.  We had minimum specs and yet, we had really bad stalls and graphic problems.  Yuck!  That is when you should upgrade right?  When your gamer crush demands a new set-up?  Besides, I keep getting "Come Back to WoW" notices. Not that I have time for gaming right now what with articles, essays, 9-5 (ok 730-340) and now a homebound tutor five nights a week (when and if she shows up).  I am swamped and as my husband said, "Are you sure you're not spreading yourself too thin?"
clipartguide.com

Maybe.
The end is in sight though and now I feel that compulsory kick to make it happen as soon as humanly possible, so I am going to work my ass off for it.  Curse you type A residual tendencies*shakes fist The Goat demands it for security.
witchfinder-stock.deviantart.com
"You will work your ass off to make sure there is sufficient safety net to please me."
This means Hubby has more household chores to maintain, so it's a trade off.
Anyway--computer parts are on their way to us.  This means I can play WoW, Diablo III, and get some voiceover recordings going.  Once we rebuild the desktop, it will be time for a new laptop.  It's a vicious cycle of technology.  However, my jobs are relying heavily on my ability to navigate the web, so maybe I can find a way to incorporate at home office expenses on our taxes somehow.  I have no idea.  I will have to investigate at home office rules and regulations.  As long as the end is in sight, I can't say no.  When every fiber of your being says so, how do you argue?
naakamaruddin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment