Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fun Sock Day


Today’s happy actually began last night.

Perhaps it was the lack of sleep.

Maybe it was the TED talks series on artistry and illusion I watched last night.

Then again, it could just be a fetish.

I LOVE FUNKY SOCKS!    Today my husband and I declared “Fun Sock Day.”  He wore Batman and I wore a lovely pair of knee socks with a knee length denim skirt.  Both pairs were Christmas presents. 


My appreciation of strange socks began in high school.  It continued in college thanks to the support of my family and their gifts.  Once an adult, I began to expand and discovered toe socks like these:
I love how the NYE purple Monster High nailpolish shows through.


Once I started on toe socks, I couldn’t stop.  I then moved on to knee socks like these luscious argyles:
Fun fact: these were actually purchased as part of a Velma from Scooby Doo Halloween costume.


Eventually I even added these to my collection:
Fun fact #2: I love pairing one of these with one of the Velma socks for Clash Day at work.

Anyone who knows me knows I detest pink.  However, I couldn’t resist the obvious clash of melon and fuchsia.  Too awesome to discount simply because pink is the anti-Christ of the color world. 

Fun socks can also be artistic like these Laurel Burch socks I picked up in Bozeman, MT a few years back:


The best part?  I posted this declaration of Fun Sock Day on my Facebook wall and some of my friends joined in.  Woot!  Some with the “I have a ton of fun socks” and some with the worry of the argyle not being fun enough.  Argyle?  Always fun.  Just like paisley and houndstooth in my opinion.  Polkadots too.  Anyway—my favorite though was one young lady who posted her rainbow toe socks for everyone to see.  Totally made my day! 

Here’s to Fun Sock Day!  
Those are moose fronts and butts in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment