Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Scarf Week

You know how Discovery runs Shark Week every summer?  Well I declared this week Scarf Week for me.  Scarves are far more fashionable and winter friendly than wrapping a tiger shark around your neck.
(http://whatafy.com/the-tiger-shark-the-danger-of-the-seas.html)
Love the stripes, but can we do something about the teeth?  They don't go with anything.

Anyway, yesterday I wore a black long sleeve comfy t-shirt (my all-time favorite shirt btw) with khakis and my moose print scarf.  Today, black cords and a black shirt with a lovely red/orange embroidered scarf.  Tomorrow shall be something in blue I think.

Why scarves?  Here's a tidbit:  In my master's degree classes I heard that wearing a scarf will do more to keep you warm than a sweater, hat or coat.  I have since concluded from my fierce and scientific study of this factoid that indeed, a scarf is terribly effective at keeping you warm.  Unfortunately, where I work this is not good.  My space is on the third floor of an old building whose heating and ventilation system has not been updated in the decades since it was built.  Consequently, it is sweltering even when it is only 30 degrees or less outside.

Furthermore, check out this graphic from a Google search on images for scarf:
scarves.net
So many ways to entertain yourself with one scarf!  You could wear the same scarf but tie it differently every day!  Versatility is the name of the game.


Another reason for scarves?  Because I can.  I have a variety of scarves with which to entertain myself.  Some are old fashioned, some are new, some are printed, some are solid.  I have a bunch!  I don't know if anyone else will notice this Scarf Week unless they read my blog, but it's amusing to me.  You see--self-amusement is important.  If it isn't entertaining, we tend to avoid it.  Little self assignments like Scarf Week liven up the usual drudgery and put a delightful spin on the week.  Do you have a scarf?  You should wear it tomorrow.  May it bring a smile to your face when you think about Scarf Week.


No comments:

Post a Comment